Do I need to sign a contract?
There is an agreement but it is based on commission splits and terms of site use
Do I have to be an exclusive agent?
We do not require you to sign any exclusivity with us. In fact, we do not care if you have one with another 3PL. Your engagement with us is confidential and there is no way for any 3PL to know you are working through us
How do we get paid?
We pay twice a month on invoiced shipments. You receive a detailed report and have the choice of having a commission check mailed or direct deposit
How long to get set up with Custom Logistics
Usually an hour or so. We would need the time to get your login created as well as email or phone extension if you are exclusively working with us.
How is Custom Logistics different than other 3PL’s?
Custom Logistics offers this program as a way for agents to increase their book of business. We do this by offering these solutions that are unique.
- Free TMS Access – Never any fees for you or your customers
- No Exclusivity – Stay where you are if you want, use us as needed
- We Manage All Operations – focus on sales, we’ll do the rest
- Increase Sales – Allow you to fill voids your current 3PL cannot fill
- Residual Income – Once a customer is loaded, they are yours forever
- Privacy – We keep your information private from other 3PL’s
- Full Time Agent – Want to come aboard full time? Awesome!
- Lost Business – We help you earn that lost business and collect commissions
- Full Customer Access – Quotes, booking, tracking and reports. Everything needed
- Lead Generation – We can cold call for you and turn them into hot leads
- Full Customer Control – You control your customers pricing, no interference
- API / EDI Integration – Available for shippers to integrate TMS rating/booking/tracking
- No Goals – We do not set KPI’s, Sales Goals, Volume thresholds. Do it your way
- NMFC – Freight Classes – Available for full time agents
Can I test the system before signing up?
Yes you can. You would need to contact us for a demo walk through to see how it operates and the ease of use.
What type of shipping is offered?
We offer the ability to have your shippers access freight, small parcel and large truckload shipping. Depending on your customer needs we can give them online access to our TMS as well
Can I get special pricing?
Custom Logistics offers agents the ability to have us negotiate lower rates on your customers behalf. There is no cost for this service and with our partner carriers, you will be able to see a savings anywhere from 10% to 35%. This depends on commodity, lanes and packaging. There is specific information needed to do the RFP
Contact us for more information
Are shipments insured?
Yes. When you or your customer go online to get a rate, you will see the carriers liability for your shipment. If there is not enough coverage you can always add more coverage and see cost instantly.
Are there additional costs?
We do not charge any fees to agents. We are here to supplement your current business. You can be a exclusive agent if you would like and still, there are no operating costs
We are here to earn each and every shipment. That includes offering support that goes above and beyond what many shippers are used to. Custom Logistics helps you grow your business organically without pressure.